Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hipsters Make Driving in Iowa City Even More Enjoyable


So, I was having a normal Tuesday lunch hour. I rode up to the Wendy's Drive Thru, got me a large chili and a bacon cheeseburger, and made my way back to work. However, when you live in reality, any other people in that reality seem to make it a point to insert their stupidity, inability, and retardation into your perspective and hammer it around in your view until you loathe their existence. Case in point, I had this:

Driving this:

And apparently he didn't feel his fucking life was complete until he was stopped while about 1/3 of the way into my lane, turning left. Well, even though I am a hothead, I am pretty fucking mellow after a visit to Wendy's. Traffic wasn't busy so I slowed to a stop to let him through (and avoid collision).

Nothing.

I wait a few seconds.

Nothing.

I start inching forward very slowly to go around.

Nothing. (And please, lets not forget, this guy is in oncoming traffic illegally trying to turn left.)

I had seen lots of nothing from him, I decide to let off the brake and go around.

HE STARTS MOVING.

We both stop. I am looking at him. He is making hand gestures, as if to indicate he is stuck and needs to turn left. He is completely blocking my lane now, and nothing short of running over his failmobile would get me past him and his tribute to the fall of mankind from the grace of capable skill.

I do nothing.

He eventually goes...BUT on his way by he fucking looks at ME and shakes his head like *I* didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

These are the type of people that give rise to the Hitlers of the world. Anyway, here is my revenge fantasy comic strip. Click it to enlarge.

2 comments:

Jacktion! said...

Dude, the new Wavves album is pretty good.

Brenda said...

That iPod is full of bands even I have never heard of. Success story.

I read this. Thank you.