Monday, February 15, 2010

Rob Zombie is awesome, fun, weird, and terrific


For those that don't know me, Rob Zombie is the only contemporary performance artist that I feel compelled to throw my money at like the bills are burning my hand. I don't really pretend to know a lot about music or movies, but I know what I like and Rob Zombie makes what I like.

I was thinking about reviewing RZ's (Rob Zombie and the Spiders From Mars? Get your band a fucking name already!) new album, "Hellbilly Deluxe 2", but it really would have just been a major wank fest and me sucking off how great I thought everything was (which it is, but that is beyond the point).

Instead, I am going to try to describe how I kind of resonate with the vibe Zombie puts out. Funny enough, nothing can really describe it better than a drawing I did as a child (if I can find it again, I will scan it, until then, here is a reproduction):


Yes, that was my alien creation, "W.I.T.". As you can see, his name was an acronym for "Weird Is Terrific", and it is to that end that I feel Rob Zombie, and his various productions, reach me. In short, he isn't afraid of making weird seem terrific, which it is.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I've got to get this. I dig Sick Bubblegum.